Recycling

For a while I have had a big Epson Stylus Pro 10600 standing in my garage, useless because of a broken main-board, and too expensive to repair.

A few days ago I finally started taking it apart, and found a lot of interesting sensors, dc servo motors, and stepper motors inside it.

One of those stepper motors, was this little guy.

With a metal gear pressed onto the motor shaft, half of the job with gears is already done. And with some tweaking of the standard wades gear, I managed to make a gear that fit the gear on the motor.

The first test of it looks promising too.


Stay tuned for more updates on yet another custom extruder! 🙂

Leave a Reply