Vesper rev. 1.1
After a bit of radio silence, I am ready with something new. Which isn’t really new…
It is the next version of my weather station PCB, Vesper rev. 1.1!
Comparing it to the old version, a lot of things has changed, and hopefully that will make it even more reliable than it already is.
One of the biggest problems I had with the first version, was that I got the pin-out on the transistors for the relays wrong, so I had to make them stand up, and then put a jumper-wire on to make the connection right. Another problem was that the silkscreen for all the components were missing, and the 3v3 rail was a bit unstable.
So here is what I changed
- SD Card connector changed to a better quality.
- Random Chinese relays replaced with relays from omron.
- 30 times the capacity in the capacitors on the 3v3 rail.
- Reverse polarity protection added.
- Pin-out for transistors corrected.
- 5V input connector moved.
- TMP36 sensor got pads a bit closer together.
- TMP36 sensor got optional pads for a pull-down resistor.
- Pull-up resistor added for Anemometer.
- Status led’s moved.
- New better placement of resistors for led’s and pull-up.
- Better suited suppression diodes for the relays.
- Decoupling capacitors move to a more optimal position.
- Almost all traces moved.
- Entire board went from 85mm in length to 78.5mm.
Now I need to think about possible changes, and things that could be better, and if I don’t find anything, I will order a batch of these. 🙂