Importing BMP into Eagle
With some help from Peter van der Walt, I got some good results importing a BMP into Eagle.
Just selecting a BMP and importing it, most often gives a bad and jagged result on the pcb, here is how I did some processing on the image before importing it.
First, you need to download and install Gimp.
- Open the image in Gimp (File > Open)
- Scale image to 3000px wide (Image > Scale Image, Width 3000px, Interpolation Linear)
- Set to Indexed (Image > Mode > Indexed, Use black and white (1-bit) palette, Color dithering: Floyd-Steinberg)
- Save the image as BMP.
- File > Run ULP > “import-bmp.ulp”
- Check the box above white.
- Format: Scaled, Unit: Mil, Scale: 0.25
You might have to play around with the scale a lot until you get the size you want. But going through these steps, it should give you a decent result, that just needs to be scaled to the size you want.